Poughkeepsie, New York

Update by user May 09, 2015

Why is the "Mark as resolved" box checked. I just submitted my review. It hasn't been read by anyone as yet, (5/9/15 at 11:31AM.)

Original review posted by user May 09, 2015

My wife and I went to Boston Market in Fishkill, NY on 5/6/15. I ordered 1/2 a chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

My wife ordered dark meat and the attendant encouraged creamed spinach, mashed sweet potatoes and red potatoes. She insisted the large only costs .25 cents more than the small. Along with two soft drinks, we paid upwards of $28. Prices are not fully posted on the overhead menu, so, once you order, the final price is a complete surprise.

When the waiter brought the order to the table, there was only one plate. Per the waiter, the 1/2 a chicken I ordered included the dark meat my wife had asked for. I complained to the waiter that I've never paid $28plus for a piece of chicken. He quickly referred to the side dishes: mashed sweet potatoes, red skin potatoes and creamed spinach cost $15 - at $5 each.

I informed him I'd also never paid $5 for a small bowl of ANY vegetable. He said he was the manager and went and got my wife two chicken legs for "FREE". Oh, as we ordered, we also informed the attendant that we were seniors. She did NOT include any senior discount with the purchase, in fact, she didn't even know about it.

Never before have I paid so much for so little. The nerve... One plate! They actually were OK with both of us eating from one plate.

***! The soft drinks were quite pricey, too. Very expensive lemonade.

We've eaten at Boston Market on many previous occasions and have never had any issues, however, after this one - We will NEVER go back to Boston Ripoff Market again - EVER!

Product or Service Mentioned: Boston Market Chicken.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, Pricing and Order processing.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments